- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Finely JP's Review
Chef John Pontius consistently turns out wonderful, affordable food full of the best Mediterranean and local influences and ingredients at his beloved restaurant along U.S. 6. Housed in a handsome Arts and Crafts–inspired structure, this spot has long been a local favorite. Appetizers are especially good, among them oysters baked in a white wine-cream sauce and jerk-spiced duck salad with a raspberry vinaigrette. The Wellfleet paella and the roast duck with cranberry-orange sauce draw rave reviews. Off-season hours vary, so call ahead.
- Address: 554 U.S. Rte. 6, South Wellfleet, MA 02667 | Map It
- Phone: 508/349–7500
- Website: www.finelyjps.com
- Location: Wellfleet and South Wellfleet
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed some nights during off-season. No lunch. No brunch June–Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
Cape Cod-bound this July 4th?... Read more
Imagine if your most stylish friends opened a boutique hotel on Cape Cod.... Read more
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more