- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marine Biological Laboratory–Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library
Marine Biological Laboratory–Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library Review
This is one of the best collections of biological, ecological, and oceanographic literature in the world. The library has access to more than 200 computer databases and subscribes to more than 5,000 scientific journals in 40 languages, with complete collections of most. The Rare Books Room contains photographs, monographs, and prints, as well as journal collections that date from 1665.
Unless you are a scientific researcher, the only way you can get in to see the library is by taking the hour-long tours offered weekdays at 1 and 2 pm from late June to late August. The extremely popular tours, led by retired scientists, include an introductory slide show as well as stops at the library and the marine resources center. Reservations are required.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Cape Cod-bound this July 4th? ... Read more
Imagine if your most stylish friends opened a boutique hotel on Cape Cod.... Read more
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more