- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marine Biological Laboratory–Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library
Marine Biological Laboratory–Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library Review
With more than 5,000 scientific journals in 40 languages, this is one of the world's best collections of biological, ecological, and oceanographic literature. The Rare Books Room contains photographs, monographs, and prints, as well as journal collections that date from 1665.
Unless you are a scientific researcher, the only way you can get in to see the library is by taking the hour-long tours. Led by retired scientists, the tours include an introductory slide show as well as stops at the library and the marine resources center. Reservations are required.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband is currently at Mass General so I've been hanging out in Boston for the past few days. Read more
We (a family of 4 with a teenager and a preschooler) live in the suburbs of Boston, but hosted out of town visitors for a weekend (a family with similarly aged kids). Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Cape Cod-bound this July 4th? ... Read more
Imagine if your most stylish friends opened a boutique hotel on Cape Cod.... Read more
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more