- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Bass Hole Boardwalk
Bass Hole Boardwalk Review
One of Yarmouth Port's most beautiful areas is Bass Hole, which stretches from Homer's Dock Road to the salt marsh. Bass Hole Boardwalk extends over a marshy creek; amid the salt marshes, vegetated wetlands, and upland woods. Gray's Beach is a little crescent of sand with still water good for kids—but don't go beyond the roped-in swimming area, the only section where the current isn't strong. At the end of the boardwalk, benches provide a place to relax and look out over abundant marsh life and, across the creek, the beautiful, sandy shores of Dennis's Chapin Beach. At low tide you can walk out on the flats for almost a mile.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
A friend plans to pick me up by car then drive to Maine after I arrive at Boston Logan Airport. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more
From mid-April through Thanksgiving there is a full schedule of mostly free ranger-guided activities.... Read more