- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Art's Dune Tours. Art's Dune Tours has been taking eager passengers into the dunes of Province Lands since 1946. Bumpy but controlled rides (about one hour) transport you through sometimes surreal sandy vistas peppered with beach grass and along a shoreline patrolled by seagulls and sandpipers. On Sunday there is a special Race Point Lighthouse Tour; or head out at sunset for a stunning ride, available with or without a clambake feast. 4 Standish St., Downtown Center, Provincetown, MA, 02657. 508/487–1950 or 800/894–1951. www.artsdunetours.com. Regular tours start at $27.
Dolphin Fleet. Tours are accompanied by scientists from the Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown, who provide commentary while collecting data on the whales they've been monitoring for years. They know many of them by name and will tell you about their habits and histories. These trips are most often exciting and incredibly thrilling with close-up encounters. Chamber of Commerce Building, MacMillan Wharf, Downtown Center, Provincetown, MA, 02657. 508/240–3636 or 800/826–9300. www.whalewatch.com. $44. Tours mid-Apr.–Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's