- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
If you're here for the beaches and other natural pursuits, you could easily spend a week in the area. Cape Cod National Seashore has spectacular beaches for swimming (even if the water is a tad chilly), and its wealth of walking trails, bike paths, and guided kayak tours could keep you busy for days. Eastham is closest to the park, but any of the nearby towns are also good options. Traffic is a consideration, though. On a summer day, expect to spend about 30 to 40 minutes driving from Brewster or Chatham to Eastham. For shopping, theater, and nightlife Orleans or Chatham are excellent choices.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn