- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Exploring the Cape Cod National Seashore. You can start at the Salt Pond Visitor Center in Esatham for an orientation to the seashore's beaches, marshes, forest, wildlife, and historic structures. Don't miss Coast Guard and Nauset Light beaches.
Walking in Cape Cod Bay at low tide. Brewster's glory is Cape Cod Bay, and dozens of beaches (public and private) expand by acres at low tide. Treasure hunters can stroll the sands, keeping an eye out for shells left behind by the retreating waters.
Taking in summer theater. Harwich Junior Theatre stages performances year-round and offers children's classes in summer. Community theater dominates the scene in Orleans and Chatham. In Brewster, the professional Cape Cod Repertory Theatre stages productions indoors and under the stars
Seeing a collegiate ball game. Cheer on the teams of the Cape Cod Baseball League, made up of the nation's top college players. Bring a blanket, chair, and even a picnic for the free games. Harwich, Chatham, Brewster, and Orleans all have their own teams that play from mid-June through early August.
Checking out local art and crafts. Galleries and studios in Chatham and Brewster showcase local and national artists. Orleans has excellent galleries, as well as a weekly outdoor art show. Eastham and Harwich hold outdoor arts-and-crafts shows; Harwich's biggie is the Professional Arts and Crafts Festival in July and August.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa Fr $484+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Provincetown: Book 3 Nts in May at Enzo Fr $239+/Nt Expedia
- $84.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Provincetown Hotwire
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Prince Albert Guest House Fr $336+/Nt — $336 Expedia
- $92.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Provincetown — $92 Hotwire