Cape Cod Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Cape Cod
Beaches: Cape Cod's picturesque beaches are the ultimate reason to go. The high sand dunes, gorgeous sunsets, and never-ending sea will get you every time.
Visiting Lighthouses: Lighthouses rise along Cape Cod's coast like architectural exclamation marks. Highlights include Eastham's beautiful Nauset Light and Chatham and Nobska Lights for their spectacular views.
Biking the Trails: The Cape Cod Rail Trail from South Dennis to south Wellfleet is the definitive bike route, with 25 miles of relatively flat terrain. Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket have dedicated bike paths.
Setting Sail: Area tour operators offer everything from sunset schooner cruises to charter fishing expeditions. Mid-April through October, whale-watching adventures are popular.
Browsing the Galleries: The Cape was a prominent art colony in the 19th century and today it has a number of galleries.Updated: 05-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's