- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With nearly 50,000 year-round residents, Barnstable is the largest town on the Cape. It's also the second oldest (founded in 1639). You can get a feeling for its age in Barnstable Village, on and near Main Street (Route 6A), a lovely area of large old homes.
Barnstable at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Cape Cod
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe