- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In restaurants the standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of your bill. Many restaurants automatically add a 15% to 20% gratuity for groups of six or more.
Tip taxi drivers 15% of the fare, and airport and hotel porters at least $1 per bag. It's also usual to tip chambermaids $1 to $3 daily. Hotel room-service tips vary and may be included in the meal charge. Masseuses and masseurs, hairstylists, manicurists, and others performing personal services generally get a 15% tip. Theater ushers, museum guides, and gas-station attendants generally do not receive tips. Tour guides may be tipped a few dollars for good service. Concierges may be tipped anywhere from $5 to $20 for exceptional service, such as securing a difficult dinner reservation or helping plan a personal sightseeing itinerary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's