Next to the imposing church on the corner of Church Street and Mass Ave., a spooky-looking colonial graveyard houses 17th- and 18th-century tombstones of ministers, early Harvard presidents, and Revolutionary War soldiers. The wooden Gothic Revival church, known locally as "First Church" or "First Parish," was built in 1833 by Isaiah Rogers. The congregation dates to two centuries earlier, and has been linked to Harvard since the founding of the college.
Forum. The church sponsors the popular lecture series Forum, featuring well-known authors and academics. 617/495–2727. www.cambridgeforum.org.