- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Legal Harborside Review
Paying homage both to the waterfront legend it replaces—Jimmy's Harborside—and its own family-owned roots, Legal Harborside is an intentional one-off, three-floor, 20,000-square-foot facility unlike any other restaurant in the chain (and elsewhere). Level 3 is a polished rooftop bar and lounge with a sushi menu and copper-fronted fireplace, three walls of windows, and two patios overlooking the waterfront. Level 1 has a fish market, picniclike tables that evoke the feel of a dockside New England fish eatery (which it is, overlooking a marina), and a menu of seafood favorites with pizza and pasta thrown in for nonseafoodies. It's Level 2, however, where the family decided to try something really different, offering an experimental menu and fine-dining setting not offered at any other Legal Sea Food. Apps range from the traditional (lobster soup) to the unusual (crispy pig's head and fried clam); filet mignon with Alaskan king crab goes beyond your standard surf and turf dinner entree, while corn and chorizo add southwest notes to the butter-poached lobster with mussels. The wine list has 50 varieties carefully selected from vintners whom, like Legal Sea Food, are deeply committed to keeping it all in the family.
- Address: 270 Northern Ave., Liberty Wharf, Waterfront, Boston, MA, 02210
- Phone: 617/477-2900
- Location: Downtown Boston
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers, planning to spend a week in the Boston area and wanting to spend a little time in as many states as possible. Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more