- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Legal Harborside Review
Paying homage both to the waterfront legend it replaces—Jimmy's Harborside—and its own family-owned roots, Legal Harborside is an intentional one-off, three-floor, 20,000-square-foot facility unlike any other restaurant in the chain. Level 3 is a rooftop bar and lounge with a sushi menu and copper-fronted fireplace, three walls of windows, and two patios overlooking the waterfront. Level 1 has a fish market, picniclike tables overlooking the marina, and a New England seafood menu. However, it's Level 2, open only for dinner, which tries something different with its experimental menu and fine-dining setting not offered at any other Legal Sea Food. Apps range from the traditional (lobster soup) to the unusual (crispy pig's head and fried clam); filet mignon with Alaskan king crab goes beyond your standard surf and turf dinner entrée, while corn and chorizo add southwest notes to the butter-poached lobster with mussels. The wine list has 50 varieties carefully selected from vintners whom, like Legal Sea Food, are committed to keeping it all in the family.
- Address: 270 Northern Ave., Liberty Wharf Waterfront, Boston, MA 02210
- Phone: 617/477–2900
- Website: www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside
- Location: Downtown Boston
- No lunch on Level 2.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband is currently at Mass General so I've been hanging out in Boston for the past few days. Read more
We (a family of 4 with a teenager and a preschooler) live in the suburbs of Boston, but hosted out of town visitors for a weekend (a family with similarly aged kids). Read more
My husband and I are trying to plan a trip for June 28- July 6 of this year. Read more
· News & Features
Talented bartenders Boston-wide are busy flexing their artisanal mixology muscles. ... Read more
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more