- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
At a Glance
- sleek new lobby Capiz Bar and Lounge
- close to the Silver Line (airport transportation) and convention center
- some guest-room harbor views are more industrial than scenic
- hordes of conventioneers
- far from major city attractions
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel Review
Set along the working wharves of Boston Harbor, near the must-visit Institute of Contemporary Art, the Renaissance plays to a watery theme. In the modern lobby, blue-and-green glass orbs complement a suspended glass lighting fixture and spiral staircase created to look like a nautilus shell. The building is flooded with light, and most guest rooms have water views. It all adds up to a clean, cool ambience, completely different from the dark woods and colonial style you might encounter at the city's older hotels. The pool is a lap pool, not designed for lingering. If that feels a bit no-nonsense, that's just fine with the spot's business clientele, who love the proximity to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. The mood changes on weekends, when package deals lure weekenders and family travelers. At 606 Congress, the hotel's restaurant, executive chef Richard Garcia sources local, in-season ingredients for a menu of modern farm cuisine.
- Address: 606 Congress St., Downtown/Seaport District, Boston, MA 02210 | Map It
- Phone: 617/338–4111; 888/796–4664
- Website: www.renaissanceboston.com
- Metro World Trade Center.
- Location: Downtown Boston
- 450 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts... Read more