- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
At a Glance
- sleek new lobby Capiz Bar and Lounge
- close to the Silver Line (airport transportation) and convention center
- some guest-room harbor views are more industrial than scenic
- hordes of conventioneers
- far from major city attractions
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel Review
Set along the working wharves of Boston Harbor, near the must-visit Institute of Contemporary Art, the Renaissance plays to a watery theme. In the modern lobby, blue-and-green glass orbs complement a suspended glass lighting fixture and spiral staircase created to look like a nautilus shell. The building is flooded with light, and most guest rooms have water views. It all adds up to a clean, cool ambience, completely different from the dark woods and colonial style you might encounter at the city's older hotels. The pool is a lap pool, not designed for lingering. If that feels a bit no-nonsense, that's just fine with the spot's business clientele, who love the proximity to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. The mood changes on weekends, when package deals lure weekenders and family travelers. At 606 Congress, the hotel's restaurant, executive chef Richard Garcia sources local, in-season ingredients for a menu of modern farm cuisine.
- Address: 606 Congress St., Downtown/Seaport District, Boston, MA 02210 | Map It
- Phone: 617/338-4111; 888/796-4664
- Website: www.renaissanceboston.com
- Metro World Trade Center.
- Location: Downtown Boston
- 450 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $245-$281 -- Downtown Boston Hotel Through Summer Holiday Inn Express Boston Garden
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off The Westin Copley Place
- $197 & up -- Boston: AAA 4-Diamond Waterfront Hotel, 40% Off — $197 The Westin Boston Waterfront
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off — $179 Sheraton Boston
- $150 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $150 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
Am planning a week long trip to Boston at the end of July. We arrive on the 28th July and leave on the 3rd. Need to book a hotel for a couple of days in Boston (need some recommendations) and Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts ... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more