- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Flour Bakery + Café
Flour Bakery + Café Review
When folks in the South End need coffee, a sandwich, or a raspberry crumb bar—or just a place to sit and chat—they come here. A communal table in the middle acts as a gathering spot, around which diners enjoy homemade soups, hearty bean and grain salads, and specialty sandwiches like grilled chicken with Brie and arugula, or a BLT with applewood-smoked bacon. Of course, it's the irresistible sweets, like pecan sticky buns, lemon tarts, and double chocolate cookies that require a trip to Flour, which has proven so popular that owner Joanne Chang has opened three more locations—in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood, Cambridge (by MIT), and Back Bay.
- Address: 1595 Washington St., South End, Boston, MA 02118 | Map It
- Phone: 617/267–4300
- Website: www.flourbakery.com
- Metro Mass. Ave.
- Location: South End
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 12 Farnsworth St., Fort Point Channel, Boston, MA, 02110, 617/338–4333, Metro: South Station
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
We will be in Boston for my husband's birthday and I'd like to take him out for a really nice seafood dinner. Read more
· News & Features
Talented bartenders Boston-wide are busy flexing their artisanal mixology muscles. ... Read more
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more