Mobile AppDownload Boston - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Eastern Standard Kitchen and Drinks
Eastern Standard Kitchen and Drinks Review
A vivid red awning beckons patrons of this spacious brasserie-style restaurant. The bar area and red banquettes are filled most nights with Boston's power players (members of the Red Sox management are known to stop in), thirtysomethings, and students from the nearby universities all noshing on raw-bar specialties and comfort dishes such as lamb-sausage rigatoni, rib eye, and burgers. It's a Sunday brunch hot spot, especially on game days (the Big Green Monster is a very short walk away). The cocktail list is one of the best in town, filled with old classics and new concoctions, and in addition to a boutique wine list there is a reserve list for rare beers. A covered, heated patio offers alfresco dining year-round.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from a week on Cape Cod, June 14-21. I think we picked the perfect time to go! There were no crowds, no problems with traf... Read more
A Guide Named Sue (that's me) left NYC for a brief trip to Boston and Cambridge via train. Had a wonderful time. Details and links he... Read more