- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study Review
The famed women's college, situated around a serene yard, was founded in 1879 and wedded to Harvard University in 1977. It was subsumed under Harvard in 1999, when its name officially changed from Radcliffe College.
Schlesinger Library. The Schlesinger Library, in Radcliffe Yard, houses more than 50,000 volumes on the history of women in America, including the papers of Harriet Beecher Stowe, Julia Child, Betty Friedan, and other notables. The library is also known for its extensive culinary collections, which contain cookbooks from the 16th century to the present. The library is open to the public, but materials do not circulate. 617/495-8540.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
- $149-$199 -- Cambridge, Mass. Hotel near University, 20% Off Boston Marriott Cambridge
- $245-$281 -- Downtown Boston Hotel Through Summer Holiday Inn Express Boston Garden
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $197 & up -- Boston: AAA 4-Diamond Waterfront Hotel, 40% Off — $197 The Westin Boston Waterfront
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
Have tickets for tomorrow nights game at Fenway Park but they recently added another day game (rain makeup) to make it a double header. Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts ... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more