- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology
Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology Review
With one of the world's outstanding anthropological collections, the Peabody focuses on Native American and Central and South American cultures. The Hall of the North American Indian is particularly outstanding, with art, textiles, and models of traditional dwellings from across the continent. The Mesoamerican room juxtaposes ancient relief carvings and weavings with contemporary works from the Maya and other peoples.
- Address: 11 Divinity Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138 | Map It
- Phone: 617/496–1027
- Cost: $12, includes admission to Harvard Museum of Natural History, accessible through the museum; free for Massachusetts residents on Sun. 9–noon year-round and Wed. 3–5 Sept.–May (excluding commercial groups).
- Hours: Daily 9–5
- Website: www.peabody.harvard.edu
- Metro Harvard.
- Location: Cambridge
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
we are family of 5 , kids ages are 10 to 16 . Read more
· News & Features
Talented bartenders Boston-wide are busy flexing their artisanal mixology muscles. ... Read more
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more