- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Harvard Museum of Natural History
Harvard Museum of Natural History Review
Many museums promise something for every member of the family; the vast Harvard Museum complex actually delivers. In 2012, Harvard University created a new consortium, the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture, uniting under one administration several of its most visited public museums. The Harvard Museum of Natural History (which exhibits specimens from the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University Herbaria, and the Mineralogical and Geological Museum) displays some 12,000 specimens, including dinosaurs, rare minerals, hundreds of mammals and birds, and Harvard's world famous Blaschka Glass Flowers. The museum combines historic exhibits drawn from the university's vast collections with new and changing multimedia exhibitions such as New England Forests and Mollusks: Shelled Masters of the Marine Realm, and the renovated Earth & Planetary Sciences gallery. Check the website for children's events and special engagements, which occur throughout the year.
- Address: 26 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 | Map It
- Phone: 617/495–3045
- Cost: $12; free for Massachusetts residents year-round, Sun. 9–noon and Sept.–May, Wed. 3–5. Ticket includes admission to the Peabody Museum.
- Hours: Daily 9–5
- Website: www.hmnh.harvard.edu
- Metro Harvard.
- Location: Cambridge
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
Talented bartenders Boston-wide are busy flexing their artisanal mixology muscles. ... Read more
Beantown may be cooling down this season, but its culinary scene is only getting hotter.... Read more
Eclectic, sophisticated, and perfectly situated, Boston's new Boxer Hotel is your ideal new Beantown home... Read more