- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Timing and Safety
You can easily spend several hours hitting the stores, boutiques, and historic sites of the Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market complex. On Friday and Saturday join crowds at the Haymarket farmers' market (wear good walking shoes, as the cobblestones get slippery with trampled produce).
Allow two hours for a walk through the North End, longer if you plan on dawdling in a café. This part of town is made for strolling, day or night. Many people like to spend part of a day at Quincy Market, then head over to the North End for dinner—the district has an impressive selection of traditional and contemporary Italian restaurants.
Be cautious in the Government Center area late at night. The North End is a relatively safe neighborhood; you'll have plenty of company day or night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's