- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Boston Chain Restaurants
If you're on the go, you might want to try a local chain restaurant, where you can stop for a quick bite or get some takeout. The places listed here are fairly priced, committed to quality, and use decent, fresh ingredients.
Au Bon Pain. The locally based chain whips up quick salads and sandwiches, fresh-daily croissants and muffins, and has plenty of fruit and juices. It's recently added some appealing snack options, including an apple, blue cheese, and cranberry combo.
B.Good. This chainlet's avocado- and salsa-topped veggie burgers, baked sweet-potato fries, and sesame-ginger chicken salad are redefining fast food in Boston.
Bertucci's. Thin-crust pizzas fly fast from the brick ovens here, along with pastas and a decent tiramisu.
Boloco. For quick, cheap, healthful, and high-quality wraps and burritos, this is easily the city's most dependable (and also locally based) chain. Boloco's menu also includes smoothies and breakfast options, and its hours are some of the longest in this notoriously early-to-bed city.
Finagle A Bagel. Find fresh, doughy bagels in flavors from jalapeño cheddar to triple chocolate, plus sandwiches and salads. Service is swift and efficient.
UBurger. Better-than-average burgers with toppings that lean toward the gourmet (sautéed mushrooms, blue cheese) and a great chocolate frappe (Boston-ese for milk shake) make this spot the East Coast's answer to California's much-loved In-n-Out.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off The Westin Copley Place
- $158 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $158 Hotwire.com