- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston Tours Worth Trying
On Location Tours. On Location Tours (formerly Boston Movie Tours) takes you to Boston's television and movie hot spots like the South Boston of The Departed, the Ally McBeal building, the tavern from Good Will Hunting, the Cheers bar, and Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox and location for movies like Field of Dreams and Fever Pitch. Guides share filming secrets and trivia from movies like Legally Blonde and Mystic River along with the best celeb spots in town. The "theater-on-wheels" bus tour takes two to three hours, depending on traffic ($38). 212/683–2027 to purchase tickets. onlocationtours.com/tour/boston-tv-movie/.
Boston Women's Heritage Trail. Boston Women's Heritage Trail has seven self-guided walks that highlight remarkable women who played an integral role in shaping the history of Boston and the nation as patriots, intellectuals, abolitionists, suffragists, artists, and writers.In addition, there are six mini-trails in various Boston neighborhoods and several themed trails, such as a women artist trail in the Back Bay. View maps of the organization's Web site. Guided tours available upon request. 617/522–2872. www.bwht.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's