- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston Tours Worth Trying
Boston Movie Tours. Boston Movie Tours takes you to Boston's television and movie hot spots like the South Boston of The Departed, the Ally McBeal building, the tavern from Good Will Hunting, the Cheers bar, and Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox and location for movies like Field of Dreams and Fever Pitch. Guides share filming secrets and trivia from movies like Legally Blonde and Mystic River along with the best celeb spots in town. The "theater-on-wheels" bus tour takes two to three hours, depending on traffic ($38). 212/683-2027 to purchase tickets. www.screentours.com/tour.php/boston.
Boston Women's Heritage Trail. Boston Women's Heritage Trail has nine self-guided walks that highlight remarkable women who played an integral role in shaping the history of Boston and the nation as patriots, intellectuals, abolitionists, suffragists, artists, and writers. 617/522-2872. www.bwht.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com