- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Timing and Safety
This section of Boston has a generous share of attractions, so it's wise to save a full day for visiting Downtown, spending the bulk of it at the New England Aquarium or the Children's Museum. There are optimum times to catch some sights: dusk for a romantic stroll along the waterfront at Rowes Wharf, and 10 and 4 on sunny days for the only tours to the top of the U.S. Custom House. But there's no need to visit the aquarium at a special hour to catch feeding time—it happens five times daily. Downtown is a safe area, but the Financial District empties out after 6, so choose well-lighted streets when walking alone at night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's