- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Timing and Safety
Beacon Hill can be easily explored in an afternoon; add an extra few hours if you wish to linger on the Common and in the shops on Charles Street or tour the Black Heritage Trail. For the most part, the Old West End can be covered in a few hours. Extend your visit to a full day to take in the Museum of Science and an IMAX movie, check out the Sports Museum, and catch a game at the Garden.
At night, stay in well-lighted areas and avoid remote corners of the Common. Also be cautious walking late at night on Causeway Street—on nongame nights this area can be a bit deserted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe