- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Bounded by Cambridge Street on the north, Beacon Street on the south, the Charles River Esplanade on the west, and Bowdoin Street on the east, the small neighborhood of Beacon Hill is best experienced on foot. Take the Green Line to the Park Street stop, and walk through the Common toward Beacon Street; the Red Line to the Charles/MGH stop and stroll past the shops on Charles Street; or the Blue Line to Bowdoin Street and head toward the State House.
The Old West End is accessible by T: jump off the Red Line at the Charles/MGH stop to reach the Esplanade; get off the Green Line at Science Park for Museum of Science and a view of the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge; and exit the Green Line at North Station for the Garden or for commuter trains to the northern suburbs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's