- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Bounded by Cambridge Street on the north, Beacon Street on the south, the Charles River Esplanade on the west, and Bowdoin Street on the east, the small neighborhood of Beacon Hill is best experienced on foot. Take the Green Line to the Park Street stop, and walk through the Common toward Beacon Street; the Red Line to the Charles/MGH stop and stroll past the shops on Charles Street; or the Blue Line to Bowdoin Street and head toward the State House.
The Old West End is accessible by T: jump off the Red Line at the Charles/MGH stop to reach the Esplanade; get off the Green Line at Science Park for Museum of Science and a view of the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge; and exit the Green Line at North Station for the Garden or for commuter trains to the northern suburbs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com