Hockey in Boston
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston hockey fans are informed, vocal, and extremely loyal. The stands are packed at Bruins games—especially since winning the Stanley Cup in 2011—despite high ticket prices. Local college hockey teams tend to give spectators plenty to celebrate at a much more reasonable price.
Beanpot Hockey Tournament. Boston College, Boston University, Harvard, and Northeastern teams face off every February in the Beanpot Hockey Tournament at the TD Garden. The colleges in this fiercely contested tournament traditionally yield some of the finest squads in the country. TD Garden, Boston, MA. www.beanpothockey.com. North Station.
Boston Bruins. Beantown's hockey team is on the ice from September until April, frequently on Thursday and Saturday evenings. Playoffs last through early June. TD Garden, 100 Legends Way, Old West End, Boston, MA, 02114. 617/624–2327. www.bostonbruins.com. North Station.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe