Football in Boston
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston College Eagles. With the only Division 1A football program in town, the Boston College Eagles play against some of the top teams in the country. Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, Boston, MA, 02467. 617/552-4622. www.bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/bc-m-footbl-body.html.
Harvard University Crimson. Built in 1903, Harvard Stadium is the oldest concrete stadium in the country and the home of the Harvard University Crimson. The tongue-in-cheek halftime shows of the Harvard band make any game worth the trip. Harvard Stadium, N. Harvard St. and Soldiers Field Rd., Allston, Boston, MA, 02163. 617/495-2211. www.gocrimson.com.
New England Patriots. Boston has been building a football dynasty over the past decade, starting with the New England Patriots come-from-behind victory against the favored St. Louis Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl. Coach Bill Belichick and heartthrob quarterback Tom Brady then brought the team two more championship rings in 2004 and 2005, and have made Patriots fans as zealous as their baseball counterparts. Exhibition football games begin in August, and the season runs through the playoffs in January. The state-of-the-art Gillette Stadium is in Foxborough, 30 mi southwest of Boston. Gillette Stadium, Rte. 1, off I-95 Exit 9, Foxborough, MA, 02035. 800/745-3000 Ticketmaster. www.patriots.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com