Football in Boston
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston College Eagles. With the only Division 1A football program in town, the Boston College Eagles play against some of the top teams in the country. Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, Boston, MA, 02467. 617/552–4622. www.bceagles.com. Boston College.
Harvard University Crimson. Built in 1903, Harvard Stadium is the oldest concrete stadium in the country and the home of the Harvard University Crimson. The tongue-in-cheek halftime shows of the Harvard band make any game worth the trip. Harvard Stadium, N. Harvard St. and Soldiers Field Rd., Allston, Boston, MA, 02163. 617/495–2211. www.gocrimson.com. Harvard Square.
New England Patriots. Boston has been building a football dynasty over the past decade, starting with the New England Patriots come-from-behind victory against the favored St. Louis Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl. Coach Bill Belichick and heartthrob quarterback Tom Brady then brought the team two more championship rings in 2004 and 2005, and have made Patriots fans as zealous as their baseball counterparts. Exhibition football games begin in August, and the season runs through the playoffs in January. The state-of-the-art Gillette Stadium is in Foxborough, 30 mi southwest of Boston. Gillette Stadium, Rte. 1, off I–95 Exit 9, Foxborough, MA, 02035. 800/745–3000 Ticketmaster. www.patriots.com. Gillette Stadium.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's