- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Fogata Review
Wondering about the few shelves of South American foods at La Fogata? Owner and chef Miguel Gomez says there was nowhere elsewhere in the area that stocked the ingredients for true Colombian cooking. You may want to buy a jar of mole paste to take home, but it can wait until after you've dined at one of the small tables near the open kitchen. It's hard to go wrong, whether you order a plato tipico (a "typical platter" of grilled steak, fried egg, rice, beans, plantain, avocado, corn patty, and pork rind). Vegetarian options are somewhat uninspiring, but meat and seafood lovers will eat very well.
- Address: 770 Tyler St., Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Phone: 413/443–6969
- Location: Pittsfield
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Planning a long weekend trip for 2015. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more