Built in 1766 as the Troy Tavern & Inn, this lovely lodging has two wraparound porches leading into an antiques-filled parlor and dining room where the sideboards are filled with fresh flowers and objets d'art. It had one brief period as a private home, when it was inhabited by Franklin L. Pope (portraits of the electrical innovator and his wife are displayed on the mantel in the front room). The guest rooms, many of which have fireplaces and four-poster beds, are
appointed with a mix of modern and period furnishings. The two modern suites in the carriage house have kitchenettes.