- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Natural Bridge State Park. The city's 48-acre Natural Bridge State Park was named for the 30-foot span that crosses Hudson Brook, and offers numerous appealing views of rocky chasms. The marble arch at the park's center rises in what was a marble quarry from the early 1880s to the mid-1900s. There are picnic sites, hiking trails, and well-maintained restrooms. In winter the park is popular for cross-country skiing. McCauley Rd., Hwy. 8, North Adams, MA, 01247. 413/663–6392. www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/massparks/region-west.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's