- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kennedy Park. Town-owned Kennedy Park offers hiking and cross-country skiing on old carriage roads, plus nearly 15 miles of trails within a hardwood forest known as "Woolsey Woods". Main St. or West Dugway St., Lenox, MA, 01240.
Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary. Part of the Massachusetts Audubon Society's system, the sanctuary abounds with beaver ponds, meadows, hardwood forests, and woodlands. A whiteboard at the entrance lists recent wildlife sightings, so you know what to watch for on your walk, and the various forest trails include loops that range in difficulty from a half-hour stroll around a pond, to a three-hour hike up a mountain. Hiking trails are open for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter. 472 W. Mountain Rd., Lenox, MA, 01240. 413/637–0320. www.massaudubon.org. $4. Nature Center Tues.–Fri. 9–4, Sat.–Mon. 10–4. Trails daily dawn to dusk.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe