- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kennedy Park. Nearly 15 miles of trails within a hardwood forest known as "Woolsey Woods" are yours to explore at Kennedy Park, which also offers hiking and cross-country skiing on old carriage roads. Main St. or W. Dugway St., Lenox, MA, 01240.
Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary. Run by the Massachusetts Audubon Society, this sanctuary abounds with beaver ponds, hardwood forests, and sun-dappled meadows. A whiteboard at the entrance lists recent wildlife sightings, so you know what to watch for on your walk. The various forest trails include loops that range in difficulty from a half-hour stroll around a pond to a three-hour hike up a mountain. Hiking trails are open for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter. 472 W. Mountain Rd., Lenox, MA, 01240. 413/637–0320. www.massaudubon.org. $5. Nature center Tues.–Fri. 9–4, Sat.–Mon. 10–4.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's