- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary. Part of the Massachusetts Audubon Society's system, the sanctuary abounds with beaver ponds, meadows, hardwood forests, and woodlands. A whiteboard at the entrance lists recent wildlife sightings, so you know what to watch for on your walk, and the various forest trails include loops that range in difficulty from a half-hour stroll around a pond, to a three-hour hike up a mountain. Hiking trails are open for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter. 472 W. Mountain Rd., Lenox, MA, 01240. 413/637-0320. www.massaudubon.org. $4. Nature Center Tues.-Fri. 9-4, Sat.-Mon. 10-4. Trails daily dawn to dusk.
Kennedy Park. Town-owned Kennedy Park offers hiking and cross-country skiing on old carriage roads, plus nearly 15 miles of trails within a hardwood forest known as "Woolsey Woods". Main St. or West Dugway St., Lenox, MA, 01240.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Great Barrington: Save this May Fr $217+/Nt Expedia
- $124.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Great Barrington Hotwire
- $190 & Up: Cheap Great Barrington Stay — $190 Save with Hotels.com, $80/night less
- Book in Great Barrington: Save this May Fr $104+/Nt — $104 Expedia
- Super Low Great Barrington Rate: Book Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less