- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jiminy Peak. The only full-service ski and snowboard resort in the Berkshires, Jiminy Peak is also the largest in southern New England, with a vertical drop of 1,150 feet, 44 trails, and nine lifts. It's mostly a cruising mountain—trails are groomed daily, although some small moguls are left to build up along the side of the slope. The steepest black-diamond runs are on the upper head walls; longer, outer runs make for good intermediate terrain. There's skiing nightly, and snowmaking covers 93% of the skiable terrain. Jiminy also has three terrain parks and a weekends-only mountain coaster, a two-person cart that shoots down the mountain at speeds of up to 25 mph. 37 Corey Rd., Hancock, MA, 01237. 413/738–5500 or 888/454–6469. www.jiminypeak.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's