- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Catamount Ski Area. With a 1,000-foot vertical drop, Catamount Ski Area is ideal for family skiing. It has some of the most varied terrain in the Berkshires. There are 34 trails served by six lifts, plus three terrain parks for snowboarders and others. The Sidewinder, an intermediate cruising trail, is more than 1 mile from top to bottom. There's also lighted nighttime boarding and skiing. 3290 Rte. 23, South Egremont, MA, 01258. 413/528–1262; 413/528–1262 snow conditions. www.catamountski.com.
Ski Butternut. With the longest quad lift in the Berkshires, Ski Butternut is good for skiers of all levels. For snowboarders there are top-to-bottom terrain parks and a beginner park, and eight lanes are available for snow tubing. For downhill skiing, only a steep chute or two interrupt the mellow terrain on 22 trails. Eleven lifts, including four carpet lifts, keep traffic spread out. Ski and snowboard lessons are available. 380 State Rd., Great Barrington, MA, 01230. 413/528–2000; 413/528–4433 ski school; 800/438–7669 snow conditions. www.skibutternut.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's