- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Countryside: Rolling hills, dense stands of forest, open pastures, even a few mountains.
Early American History: Visit preserved villages, homes, and inns where memories of Colonial history and personalities are kept alive.
Summer Festivals: Watch renowned dance companies perform against the Berkshire mountains backdrop at Jacob's Pillow or have the Boston Symphony Orchestra accompany your lawn picnic at Tanglewood in Lenox.
Under-the-Radar Museums: Western Massachusetts has an eclectic collection of institutions, from the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
College Towns: The Pioneer Valley is home to some lovely academic centers: Amherst (University of Massachusetts, Amherst College, and Hampshire College), Northampton (Smith College), and South Hadley (Mount Holyoke College).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe