Berkshires Travel Guide
Plan Your Berkshires Vacation
Occupying the far western end of the state, the Berkshires are only about 2½ hours by car from Boston and New York City, yet the region lives up to the storybook image of rural New England, with wooded hills, narrow winding roads, and compact historic villages. Summer brings cultural events, including the renowned Tanglewood classical music festival in Lenox. The foliage blazes in fall, skiing is popular in winter, and spring is the time for maple sugaring. The scenic Mohawk Trail runs east to west across the northern section of the Berkshires.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Berkshires restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Berkshires
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $275 -- Elegant 4-Diamond Boston Hotel, 15% Off Taj Boston
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% Off Sheraton Boston
- $157 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 45% Off The Westin Boston Waterfront
- $237 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% Off The Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $195 & up -- Kimpton Hotels near Fenway Park, Save 15% Kimpton Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from a week on Cape Cod, June 14-21. I think we picked the perfect time to go! There were no crowds, no problems with traf... Read more
A Guide Named Sue (that's me) left NYC for a brief trip to Boston and Cambridge via train. Had a wonderful time. Details and links he... Read more