- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are no cars on this small barrier island, so you'll need to catch a boat from Onancock or Reedfield, Virginia or from Crisfield, Maryland. Depending on where you depart from, the trip takes about 1½ hours and costs about $25. Advance reservations are recommended. Be aware that some round-trip tickets require you to return on the same day. You can also take a charter flight to the small airfield. Once on the island, bicycles, golf carts, and your own two feet will easily help you see the charm of Tangier's quarter-square mile.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's