- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Michaels, once a shipbuilding center, is today one of the region's premier leisure-time destinations. Its ever-growing popularity has resulted in more and more shops, cafés, waterfront restaurants, and inns. In warmer months, tourists and boaters crowd its narrow streets and snug harbor. Talbot Street is lined with restaurants, galleries, and all manner of shops, including a hardware store that doubles as a retro gift shop.
Stroll between Mill Street, the lane to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, and Willow Street, or head just beyond to Canton Alley Artiste Locale, Broken Rudder Sportswear, Chesapeake Trading Company, and The Minds Eye Craft Collection cut.
St. Michaels at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Eastern Shore
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
- Chesapeake City
- Furnace Town
- North East
- Ocean City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's