In the early 1700s this building on the banks of the Tred Avon River was crafted as a home by ships' carpenters using ship nails, hand-hewn beams, and pegged paneling. In 1738 it was bought by an English trading company as a house for its Oxford representative, Robert Morris. Four guest rooms have handmade wall paneling and fireplaces built of English bricks used as boat ballast. Other buildings in the complex include a newer manor house on a private beach. Breakfast is
included. Several years ago the inn closed its famous restaurant (with its reputed "best crabcakes on the bay"), but in 2010 it reopened, redecorated, and rehabilitated, under celebrity chef Mark Seller, who promotes locally sourced food. The kitchen has regained its former glory.