- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Elk Forge B&B Inn and Retreat
At a Glance
- attractively priced considering available spa amenities
- might seem somewhat remote to some
Check Rates from our Partners
Elk Forge B&B Inn and Retreat Review
A 20-minute drive from North East, Elk Forge is nestled among 5 acres of woods and gardens along Big Elk Creek. Each of the 12 guest units is beautifully furnished and uniquely decorated, inspired by area locales and cultures, and creature comforts are plentiful. A daily afternoon tea includes the innkeepers' own herbal blends; services at the Spa in the Garden include Swedish massage and aromatherapy facials. With easy access to sites of interest in Delaware and Pennsylvania as well as Maryland, Elk Forge is indeed a mini-resort.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more