- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Oxford's best mode of transportation is the Oxford-Bellevue Ferry (410/745-9023 www.oxfordbellevueferry.com), which gives spectacular views of the bay as it takes you on its 20-minute voyage to St. Michaels. It is the region's smallest ferry and can accommodate less than half a dozen cars.
Oxford is tiny and can be handled in less than half an hour by foot. Another option is to explore by bike. The flat, empty streets are ideal for riding.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $349* & up -- Premium Economy to DC from California, One Way Virgin America
- $89-$99 -- Downtown D.C. Hotel near Capitol Hill, Reg. $329 BookIt.com
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $159 -- Maryland Hotel next to Towson University, Save 20% — $159 Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
- $179 -- D.C.-Area 4-Star Resort incl. July Fourth — $179 Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center