- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Oxford's best mode of transportation is the Oxford-Bellevue Ferry (410/745-9023 www.oxfordbellevueferry.com), which gives spectacular views of the bay as it takes you on its 20-minute voyage to St. Michaels. It is the region's smallest ferry and can accommodate less than half a dozen cars.
Oxford is tiny and can be handled in less than half an hour by foot. Another option is to explore by bike. The flat, empty streets are ideal for riding.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe