Timing and Precautions in Ocean City
Timing and Precautions
A year-round destination, Ocean City is particularly appealing in fall and spring, when the weather is mild. Most hotels and better restaurants remain open year-round, although the latter may operate on fewer days and/or shorter schedules. Furthermore, many festivals and other special events are scheduled for the off-season. Weekend traffic to and from Ocean City on U.S. 50 and MD 404 can be exceptionally heavy, not only during summertime months but often from late spring into early fall as well.
Don't underestimate the force of the currents off the Delmarva Penninsula. Every year unfortunate swimmers are caught in the dangerous riptide.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's