- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
No fishing licenses are required in Ocean City. Public fishing piers on the Assawoman Bay and Isle of Wight Bay are at (south to north) 3rd, 9th, 40th, and 125th streets and at the inlet in Ocean City. Other fishing and crabbing areas include the U.S. 50 bridge, Oceanic Pier, and Ocean City Pier, at Wicomico Street and the boardwalk. Crabbing is especially good at Northside Park.
Bahia Marina is a great venue for sportfishing enthusiasts. It has spotless charter boats, live bait and tackle, and opportunities for bottom fishing. 21st St. at Bay, Ocean City, MD, 21842-7262. 410/289-7438 or 888/575-3625. www.bahiamarina.com.
Ocean City Fishing Center is Ocean City's largest deep-sea charter-boat marina, with some 30 vessels and Coast Guard–licensed professional captains. In addition to catering to preformed groups, the Fishing Center will form fishing groups of individuals who are on their own. U.S. 50 at Shantytown Rd., West Ocean City, MD, 21842-9801. 410/213–1121. www.ocfishing.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's