Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
At a Glance
- ice sculture show every winter, waterfront location, water taxi to Alexandria and Georgetown
- downtown D.C. is difficult to reach, though a hotel shuttle leaves every 45 minutes
- resort might be too big for some
- expensive parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center Review
Guests at the 2,000-room larger-than-life Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center can dine, shop, get pampered, and even go clubbing without ever leaving the property, which anchors the National Harbor waterfront. About a 25-minute ride to the National Mall, the Gaylord is an alternative for the D.C.-bound who don't mind commuting to museums and memorials. Room balconies opening onto the 220-foot-high glass atrium are a good place to watch the nightly dancing fountain show in the massive lobby below.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more