Fishing and Hunting
Patuxent Research Refuge. The mission of the refuge is to conserve and protect wildlife through research and habitat management, and to educate the public. The North Tract of the refuge is available for fishing. Educational programs are also available here. To enter, every visitor must check in and receive an access pass. A Maryland nontidal fishing license is also required for anglers. 230 Bald Eagle Dr., Laurel, MD, 20708. 410/674–3304; 410/674–4625 TDD. patuxent.fws.gov. Free. Daily 8–4.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Fishing and Hunting
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's