FedEx Field. The perennially popular Redskins play football in the Maryland suburbs at FedEx Field. The Redskins' home is the largest stadium in the National Football League, seating 91,000. Outside of football season, the stadium attracts big-name music acts. Parking is a hassle, so arrive several hours early if you don't want to miss the kickoff. Arena Dr., Landover, MD, 20785. 301/276-6000.
Bowie Baysox. The Bowie Baysox, the Orioles Class AA farm team, is in the Eastern League. They play in a 10,000-seat stadium in suburban Prince George's County, Maryland, about 45 minutes by car from Washington. Adult tickets cost between $6 and $8. Prince George's County Stadium, Rtes. 50 and 301, Bowie, MD. 301/805-6000. www.baysox.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in College Park: Save at the Super 8 Motel in May Fr $72+/Nt Expedia
- $47.00 & up : 3-star hotels in College Park Hotwire
- Save $$ in College Park: Book Fr $71+/Nt — $71 Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- $68.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in College Park — $68 Hotwire
- Howard Johnson Express Inn-College Park in May: $79 & Up — $79 Expedia