Timing and Precautions
Silver Spring is hectic during rush hour, which lasts from 7:30 am to 9 am and 5 pm to 6:30 pm on weekdays, thanks to its prime location as a residence for D.C. commuters as well as its status as a business hub that brings even more commuters in. Avoid the roads and take the Metrorail when possible.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe