Getting Here and Around
Silver Spring is easily accessible and one of suburban Maryland's main transportation hubs. Both Metrobus and Montgomery County's Ride On buses run several lines each through Silver Spring to D.C. and other points in Maryland. Silver Spring Metrorail station is a major stop on the Red line. Maryland Transit Administration's MARC Brunswick line commuter trains also run through Silver Spring. South of I-495, Silver Spring is only a 20-minute car trip to Washington, D.C., using main arteries like 16th Street or Georgia Avenue.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe