Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
McCrillis Gardens Review
More than 750 varieties of azaleas bloom in the 5-acre McCrillis Gardens from late March through July, and usually peak around May 1. Ornamental trees and shrubs, including a remarkable collection of rhododendrons, bloom in the warm months. The Brookside Gardens School of Botanical Art and Illustration classes are held inside the home.
- Address: 6910 Greentree Rd., Bethesda, MD 20817
- Phone: 301/962–1455
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Gardens daily 10–sunset
- Website: www.montgomeryparks.org/brookside/mccrillis_gardens.shtm
- Location: Bethesda
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more