Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Café 1894 Review
This little counter-service café, named in honor of Kensington's christening, is also a full-service 70-seat restaurant with a charming courtyard linking the two. The egg soufflés, quiches, and pancakes are popular for breakfast, while a variety of wraps and salads are on the lunch menu. Café 1894's signature dish is turkey meat loaf with homemade mashed potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables. An ice-cream counter offers fresh berry toppings, homemade whipped topping, and specialty cones. The chef's emphasis is on organic and fair-trade products.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
I have to attend a wedding in Detroit (in August!) and will stop in Washington for four nights on the way. I'll travel to/from the Washington area by train. On the way back I will probably fly into BWI Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more