Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
At a Glance
- a free Continental breakfast in the lobby includes cereals and even waffles
- hotel was completely renovated in 2008
- although it is only a few blocks from downtown Silver Spring, the location is in a more run-down and developing section of the neighborhood
- fairly basic amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Comfort Inn Review
This unpretentious chain hotel is close to Silver Spring's growing entertainment and dining hub on Colesville Road, as well as to the Silver Spring Metro. Rooms are decorated in green and burgundy, with flat-screen TVs, ergonomic desk chairs, and mahogany headboards. There isn't any room service, but many local restaurants will deliver. Silver Spring also offers a free Metro station shuttle that stops one block away from the hotel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more