Montgomery County Travel Guide
Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Plan Your Montgomery County Vacation
In 1776 Montgomery County, named after Revolutionary War hero General Richard Montgomery, became the first Maryland county to drop the custom of naming jurisdictions after royalty. In between housing developments, strip malls, and office parks, the northern portion of the county retains traces of the area's agrarian beginnings.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Montgomery County restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Montgomery County
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Montgomery County Farm Women's Cooperative Market
- National Capital Trolley Museum
- Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- View all
Now46° F Partly Cloudy 56% Humidity April 21, 2014 at 2:52AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This report augments the relatively limited body of work available to travelers wanting to combine a play at the Weinberg Theater and a visit to Frederick, Md, staying at a cheesy motel (Country Inn and Read more
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more